This morning was cold and rainy, but it looks like the dehumidifier is doing its job:
Notice the indoor humidity is only half of the outdoor humidity.
Today I connected my spare 120V cable to supply the two outlets on the driver side in panels D3 and D6. To make the branch in the 12AWG triplex cable I used standard wire nuts instead of quick-connects, and it looks safe to me. I haven’t yet cut the outlet holes in the aluminum because that means I have to remove windows and I want to have everything I need in hand before getting caught windowless in the rain.
Here’s an action shot from the RETROcam. In the background you can see I’ve got Batman on. That’s shuffle-playing on Apple TV from one of my iTunes playlists called “TV 1960s.” So all day I’ll get shows like Hogan’s Heroes, Star Trek, Looney Tunes, Get Smart, The Andy Griffith Show, Gilligan’s Island, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, and more — all commercial-free.
Next I drilled the wiring hole behind the RETROcam and then realized it runs on a 120V to 5V adapter. So that means I could instead repeat what I did for the weather station and make my own power supply cable that runs off 12V and converts down to 5V. That way I can hardwire the camera and save an outlet and an ugly pass-through hole on the wall. It’s also a bit more secure that way.
So I ordered a second one of these little gadgets. I’m tempted to tap into the ventilation circuit in the adjacent ceiling panel but that’s a hassle. So I’ll probably just run a dedicated 12V cable since I already have an open path on the passenger side. That’ll allow me to put it on any circuit I want in the helm’s DC panel.
I also need to run a 12V cable for the galley water pump while I’m at it. I can’t believe I forgot to do that before buttoning up ceiling panel T2. That’s the cavity with the TV mount, over the helm. I suppose I could just tap it off the two galley outlets (USB and 12V) since those will be low-load and the water pump will only run intermittently. That’ll be much easier — yeah.
I had to remove all the cushions again because of all the aluminum shrapnel from drilling. But here’s a shot of the cabinetry paint finish on the driver’s side. In the background you can see the galley’s base cabinet too. I still need to remove all the marine plywood from the floor and give it a coat of polyurethane. I’m really not looking forward to removing all the pedestals again. Someday I’ll learn to do things in the proper order. But I absolutely hate painting things. 🙂
Now I’m taking a coffee break, just waiting for parts to arrive this afternoon.